By Dr. Terry Weyman
I found this while cleaning out my desk. These are the principles I used to start my practice and they still apply today. Thought I would share.
- HOW YOU THINK IS EVERYTHING: Always be positive, think success not failure. Beware of Negative Environment
- DECIDE UPON YOUR TRUE DREAMS AND GOALS: write down your specific goals and develop a plan to reach them
- TAKE ACTON: Goals are nothing without action. Don’t be afraid to get started now. Just do it
- NEVER STOP LEARNING: Go back to school, read books, learn from others. Get training and keep acquiring skills. There is so much to learn, knowledge is power.
- BE PERSISTENT AND WORK HARD: Success is a marathon, not a sprint. Never give up
- LEARN TO ANALYZE DETAILS: get all the facts, all the input. Learn from mistakes and from the “other side”
- FOCUS YOUR TIME AND MONEY: Don’t let other people or things distract you
- DEAL AND COMMUNICATE WITH PEOPLE EFFECTIVELY: No person is an Island. Learn to understand and to motivate others
- DON’T BE AFRAID TO INNOVATE; BE DIFFERENT: Following the herd is a sure way to mediocrity.
- BE HONEST AND DEPENDABLE; TAKE RESPONSIBILITY: Otherwise, numbers 1-9 won’t matter.
Dr. Terry Weyman is the clinic Director at Chiropractic Sports Institute in Westlake, California. www.gotcsi.com